ACT Test Dates:
SENIOR BULLETIN - 4/10/17
*Seniors get a college cut per semester! See the counselor for a college cut form, have all of your teachers sign the form, have a parent or guardian to sign the form, a college rep. must sign the form, and return the form to the counselor within a week of your college visit and the day will not count toward your absences. If you fail to do any of those, the day will count against your absences. Second semester college cut days must be taken by Friday, April 21.
Go to https://conwaybooks.com/ (then click on New Student Scholarship) to apply for the Textbook Brokers New Student Scholarship. To be eligible you must plan to attend the University of Central Arkansas or Central Baptist College. The deadline is May 7, 2017.
Go to www.adhe.edu to apply for the Arkansas Academic Challenge (Lottery) Scholarship. Look for the YOUniversal Scholarship application. You must have a 19 on the ACT to be eligible. The deadline is June 1, 2017.
Go to http://www.goodcall.com/ to check out a new scholarship website.
Go to http://www.spokeo.com/scholarship/list to check out scholarships you may want to apply for.
Go to www.legion.org/needalift for scholarship and financial aid information.
Go to http://universityvisitorsnetwork.com/ to check out colleges, get financial aid and scholarship information, and much more.
Check out http://www.scholarshipsandgrants.us/scholarships-highschool-seniors/ - a good scholarship website.
Visit http://www.online-degrees-and-scholarships.com to learn more about pursuing college degrees on-line.
Visit www.tasseltime.com for scholarship, college, financial aid, career, and military information. Go to Member Log in - the user name is "Mcgeheeschool" and the password is "owls1".
Visit www.scholarships.com to conduct a free scholarship search and get financial aid information.
Visit www.fastweb.com for more college, scholarships, and financial aid information.
Visit www.fundmyfuture.info to find out about scholarships, grants, and other forms of financial aid in Arkansas.
Visit www.studentscholarships.org/scholarship.php for scholarships. New scholarships are being added to this site all the time!
www.cashcourse.org - information for college students to stay financially informed
www.cksf.org - educational & scholarship opportunities for students of all levels
www.cappex.com - free website where you learn which colleges want you, before you apply
www.scholarshipamerica.org - provides information and resources for your scholarship search
www.knowhow2go.org - complete information on college prep, whether in middle school or seniors
www.thurgoodmarshallfund.net - provide scholarships, programmatic and capacity building support to the 47 public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
www.uncf.org - awards 10,000 students each year through 400 scholarship and internship programs so that students from low- and moderate-income families can afford college tuition, books and room and board
www.chegg.com - connect with scholarships and learn about colleges
The following scholarships are available in the counselor's office:
1. Hooping 4 Henderson Scholarship. To be eligible you must have a 2.75 GPA or higher and have participated in a high school sport for at least 2 years. The deadline is April 14, 2017.
2. Ernest Whitelaw-Don Kinney Scholarship. To be eligible you must be of Native American descent and have a CDIB card or tribal enrollment documentation. The deadline is April 15, 2017.
3. National School Plant Management Association Scholarship. Selection is based on financial need, academic achievement, co-curricular participation, community service and essay response. The deadline is April 15, 2017.
4. Girl Queens Scholarship. To be eligible you must be female with a 2.8 GPA and have 30 or more community service hours. The deadline is April 15, 2017.
5. McGehee Lions Club Scholarship. The deadline is April 20, 2017.
6. Women's Service League of McGehee Scholarship. To apply you must be female, have a 3.0 GPA and extensive community service. The deadline is April 28, 2017.
7. Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Eta Upsilon Lambda Alumni Chapter Scholarship. To be eligible you must have a 2.75 GPA. The deadline is May 1, 2017.
8. AState Incoming Freshmen Textbook Scholarship. The deadline is May 5, 2017.