College and Career - High School Counselor Page
ACT Test Dates:
For more information or to register for the ACT visit http://www.act.org
- Fee waivers available in Dr. Toney's office
*Seniors get 2 college cuts per year! See the counselor for a college cut form, have all of your teachers sign the form, have a parent or guardian to sign the form, a college rep. must sign the form, and return the form to the counselor within a week of your college visit and the day will not count toward your absences. If you fail to do any of those, the day will count against your absences.
Go to www.arcf.org to apply for the Florence Tuberville Scholarship Endowment (for students majoring in education or science/engineering) and the Peggy Pickens Nursing Scholarship Endowment (for students going to UAM and majoring in nursing). Click on Students, Browse scholarships, Graduating high school seniors, and then Southeast. The deadline is March 15, 2019.
Go to www.studentscholarships.org/newsletter.php to download a newsletter of scholarships available and due in February and March.
Go to https://www.tun.com/scholarships/scholarships-for-high-school-seniors/ to look for new scholarships available for seniors.
Go to www.suntrust.com/offtocollege to enter a $500 scholarship drawing. Two winners will be chosen every two weeks beginning October 29, 2018 until May 13, 2019. You can enter online once during each entry period beginning September 11.
Go to https://mattresshelp.org/scholarship/ to apply for a scholarship. You must have a 3.0 GPA.
Go to http://www.goodcall.com/ to check out a new scholarship website.
Go to www.legion.org/needalift for scholarship and financial aid information.
Go to http://universityvisitorsnetwork.com/ to check out colleges, get financial aid and scholarship information, and much more.
Check out http://www.scholarshipsandgrants.us/scholarships-highschool-seniors/ - a good scholarship website.
Visit http://www.online-degrees-and-scholarships.com to learn more about pursuing college degrees on-line.
Visit www.tasseltime.com for scholarship, college, financial aid, career, and military information. Go to Member Log in - the user name is "Mcgeheeschool" and the password is "owls1".
Visit www.scholarships.com to conduct a free scholarship search and get financial aid information.
Visit www.fastweb.com for more college, scholarships, and financial aid information.
Visit www.fundmyfuture.info to find out about scholarships, grants, and other forms of financial aid in Arkansas.
Visit www.studentscholarships.org/scholarship.php for scholarships. New scholarships are being added to this site all the time!
www.cashcourse.org - information for college students to stay financially informed
www.cksf.org - educational & scholarship opportunities for students of all levels
www.cappex.com - free website where you learn which colleges want you, before you apply
www.scholarshipamerica.org - provides information and resources for your scholarship search
www.knowhow2go.org - complete information on college prep, whether in middle school or seniors
www.thurgoodmarshallfund.net - provide scholarships, programmatic and capacity building support to the 47 public Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
www.uncf.org - awards 10,000 students each year through 400 scholarship and internship programs so that students from low- and moderate-income families can afford college tuition, books and room and board
www.chegg.com - connect with scholarships and learn about colleges
American Legion Scholarship applications available in counselor's office or by emailed request.
Coudret Trust $1,000 in-state or out of state tuition
Garner Trust $2,500 State of Arkansas tuition only - Deadline March 12, 2019.
Create-A-Greeting-Card Scholarship Contest: to enter a chance to will up to a $10,000 scholarship go to https://www.gallerycollection.com/greeting-cards-scholarship.htm. The online application must include an original work of art or photograph, the applicant’s first and last name, date of birth, phone number, mailing address, e-mail address, grade level, name of school currently attending and school’s website address. The contest is limited to one entry per person. If a person enters multiple times, all of their entries will be disqualified.
Humanity Rising Service Scholarship Challenge: This $2,000 scholarship contest is available for high school students who participate in community service and share their stories. To enter, go to www.humanityrising.org/service-storysubmission.
Digital Privacy Scholarship essay contest is to help students understand why they should be cautious about what they post on the Internet. Finalists will be based on the essay entitled, “How you are taking personal responsibility for your personal profile”. The $1,000 winner will be selected based on the content and creativity of the 500- to 1,000-word essay. To enter go to www.digitalresponsibility.org/digital-privacy-scholarship.
Want to win a scholarship for doodling? Doodle For Google National Logo Contest offers winners scholarships up to $30,000. For information and submission application, go to www.doodles.google.com/d4g/index.html.
College Jumpstart Scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship for a current high school student who is committed to attend a college or university within the next 12 months. You must be a U S citizen to apply and complete the on-line application. Financial need, grades and test scores are not a considering factor. To apply go to www.jumpstart-scholarship.net/application-us.
Hispanic Seniors: The McDonald’s HACER ® scholarship program grants scholarships and college resources for eligible Hispanic students. With opportunities on national levels, HACER ® is one of the largest programs committed to college scholarships for Hispanics. The HACER® National Scholarship application for 2018 begins October 2018 and ends on February 2019. You must have a GPA of 2.7 and at least 1 parent with Hispanic heritage. To apply go to https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/community/hacer.html.
HP Scholarship - $1,000 - 1 Award (Deadline is February 28, 2019) To be eligible a student must: (A) Be a legal resident of the 50 United States and DC (B) Be 13 years or older at the time of entry. Applications can be found by going to https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/14804/harris_poll_scholarship-scholarship.php.
Cosmetology Scholarship - $500 - 1 Award (Deadline is March 1, 2019) To be eligible a student must: (A) Be a graduating high school senior, current undergraduate or graduate student who will be enrolling as part-time or full-time undergraduate or graduate student, attending accredited colleges or universities. Applications can be found by going to https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/15074/cosmetology_scholarship_scholarship.php.
Information Security Undergraduate Scholarship - $5,000 - 20 Awards (Deadline is March 1, 2019) To be eligible a student must: (A) Be pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cyber security or information assurance. (B) GPA must be at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale. Applications can be found by going to https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/13484/information_security_undergraduate_scholarship_scholarship.php.
Donald and Barbara Mozley Scholarship - $5,000 - 7 Awards (Deadline is March 15, 2019) To be eligible a student must: (A) Have a total SAT score of 1220 or higher and/or an ACT composite of 27 or above. (B) 3.5 or better for high school applicants. Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/12800/donald_and_barbara_mozley_scholarship_scholarship.php.
KFC Reach Educational Grant Program - $3,000 - 50 Awards (Deadline is March 28, 2019) To be eligible a student must : (A) Plan on attending school during the 2019/2020 school year. (B) Work or have been employed at KFC. Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/13403/kfc_reach_educational_grant_program_scholarhip.php.
Seniors: - FIDM National Scholarship Competition is offering eight $31,500 scholarships to students who are interested in the global industries of Fashion, Visual Arts, Graphics, Interior Design, Social Media and Entertainment. For more information and to apply go to bit.ly/FIDMscholarship or call 800-262-3436. Deadline is March 29, 2019.
Beyond the Cure Ambassador Scholarship - $3,500 - 40 Awards (Deadline is March 31, 2019) To be eligible a student must: (A) Be a childhood cancer survivor who has demonstrated the ability to overcome the difficult challenges of cancer with determination and motivation. Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/15058/beyond_the_cure_ambassador_scholarship_scholarship.php.
University of the Aftermarket Foundation Scholarship - $10,000 - 80 Awards (Deadline is March 31, 2019) To be eligible a student must: (A) Be a graduating high school senior. (B) Plan on attending a school in automotive, heavy duty, or collision repair fields. Applications can be found by going to: https://studentscholarships.org/scholarship/15065/university_of_the_aftermarket_foundation_scholarship_scholarship.php.
Reverend Charlie E. and Cinderella S Taylor Sr. Foundation Scholarship 2019 - One-time award up to $1,000. Application deadline is March 31, 2019. Download an application at : http://www.cctaylorfoundation.org/application.html.
The following scholarships are available in the counselor's office. Local scholarship information will be updated as it is received.
1. Desha County Retired Teachers Scholarship. You must have a 19 on the ACT to be eligible.
2. Ernest Whitelaw-Don Kinney Scholarship. To be eligible you must be of documentable Native American descent from a federally recognized tribe and have a CDIB (Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood) card.
3. Delta Waterfowl Scholarship. To be eligible you must plan on majoring in Agriculture or Wildlife Management and write an essay.
4. Women's Service League of McGehee Scholarship. To be eligible you must be a female with a 3.0 GPA with documentation of community service.
5. Arkansas Superior Federal Credit Union Scholarship. To be eligible you or a family member must be a member of ASFCU.
6. McGehee Men's Club Scholarship.
7. Jimmie L. Williams Scholarship. Any senior can apply.
8. University of Arkansas at Monticello Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Pi Psi Chapter Scholarship. To be eligible you must be an African American male with at least a 2.5 G.P.A. and planning to attend UAM.
9. Twilla D. Hardin Scholarship for Educational Excellence. You must have a 2.5 GPA to apply and be prepared to write an essay.
10. Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Scholarship. You must have a 2.75 GPA to be eligible.
11. Kathy "Tuck" Henderson Memorial Scholarship. To be eligible you must have a 2.75 GPA and are planning to attend a University of Arkansas at Monticello accredited campus.
12. Watson Chamber of Commerce Scholarship. You must have a 2.5 GPA to apply.
13. Textbook scholarships - UCA, ATU, ; AState, . Come by the counselor's office to get the link to these scholarships.
14. The Arkansas Association of Multicultural Rehabilitation Concerns book scholarship application - application packets have been emailed to all seniors. Copies can also be requested through the counselor's office.
15. Frank "Hambone" Wilson Sr. Memorial Scholarship. To be eligible you must show financial need and have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Deadline is March 30, 2019.
16. University of Arkansas at Monticello College of Technology Crossett. This scholarship is for tuition only and will vary in value depending on the student's program of study. Deadline is March 1, 2019.
17. 2019 Arkansas School Plant Management Association Scholarship Program. To be considered applicants must have a 3.0 G.P.A. or better and at least a 19 on the ACT. Must be postmarked by April 1, 2019.
18. The Society of American Military Engineers. Completed applications must be received no later than April 5, 2019.